BSc(hons) | PGCE | QTS | PgCert | AMIMA
Mathematics Educator and Museum Learning Consultant
Experienced classroom teacher & heritage educator
Bringing maths to the masses
Mathematics is creative, relevant to almost every area of work, education and our personal lives, and interesting in and of itself.
Improving both access to mathematics education and public perception of mathematics will help more people to benefit from it.
I’m an unashamedly geeky qualified mathematics teacher with experience of managing and developing learning activities and programmes in the Heritage sector and a host of other interests.
I’m here to bring maths to the masses any way I can, in person and through digital means.
Visit services for just some examples of what I can offer.
Things Tom Has Done
- Fossils Loans Box
- The Big Water Workshop
- The Beauty of Maths: National Galleries Scotland
- What does DALL·E ‘think’ mathematics and a mathematician looks like?
- Aligning Heritage Science to UK Primary Science Curricula
Things People Have Said About Tom
- Maths in Museums Consultation and Resource Production
- Maths in Museums for Maths Week Scotland
- GEM’s Core Competencies “A Masterpiece”
- The Mathematics of Measuring the Solar System
- The Great Building Game
Teachers: Want to be involved?
If you’re a teacher or otherwise involved in schools and education and you’d like to get involved in projects relevant to your teaching interests, register by filling in this form and I’ll be in touch when something comes up.